Thursday 18 April 2013

Learning to crawl.

So close, but so far. She's trying really hard but most of the time she just pauses in one of the above positions and can't move, then whinges for me to come get her. 

One thing you don't think about when you're pregnant is the whinging. Everyone tells you about the screaming, so you expect that, but as soon as they are able to make any sort of vocalisation that isn't full out crying they start the "eeeh, eeeh, eeeh". At the moment she does this almost constantly, if her dummy falls out, if she can't reach a toy, if she's sitting up and wants to lay down, if she's laying down and wants to sit up, if she's bored, if she's tired, etc. I'm hoping that the more independent she gets the less she'll whinge, though I hear from mothers of older kids that it never stops. Oh motherhood, what a joy you are! (I joke, she is a joy, and I even find her whinging cute a lot of the time)


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute! I like the Cooper's Pale Ale bottle in the background, it says "I'm a parent who enjoys quality, but I also like to party."

      Delete