Saturday 27 April 2013

6 Months (almost)!

I thought I'd do a 6 month post a day early, since I've got a major assignment due in a few days and probably won't have time tomorrow. 

6 Months already! It's definitely been a wild, sleepless ride. In some ways that horrific 7pm-7am labour  is still so vivid that it seems like yesterday, but it's also hard to believe that she's only been here for half a year. I can't really remember what life was like without her, and on the few occasions that I've had any time to myself I've felt kind of lost and bored.

In summary, so I don't forget what she's like at this age (I'm sure this will be amazingly boring to anyone but me and Lucas), at 6 months Olive is:

* still not sleeping through the night. In fact, she's nowhere near it. Waking up, on average, from 3 to 6 times. I'm amazed I'm still walking, though I do appear to have aged at least 5 years since she was born.
* starting to throw tantrums when she doesn't get what she wants. She's always been a screamer, but now she's doing the whole throwing her head back and going stiff and screaming. Terrible two's at 6 months old :/ 
* sitting up on her own and getting (sort of) close to crawling, but I predict that she might walk before she crawls.
* loves playing with her toys, but even more so with plastic containers, receipts, keys, watches and tags.
* falling asleep on her own in her cot (about half of the time) with Sammy Seahorse and her blankie.
* addicted to her dummy. Amazing, since we couldn't get her to take one at all until she was over 3 months.
* loving toddlers and pets. She's constantly smiling at and "talking" to Spencer and Polly. She even has a different voice that she only uses when she's talking to the pets.
* saying "Dad".
* loving Giggle and Hoot and Lucas swears he heard her say "Hoot" the other day. I'll be devastated if she says the name of an ABC kids show owl before she says "Mum".
* getting excited every time she sees me or Lucas, even if we've only been out of the room for a few minutes.
* eating like a champion and has liked every food we've given her.
* giggling like crazy when Lucas plays with her. It's my favourite thing to watch them together.
* still opening her mouth and leaning forward, shaking her head like a baby bird whenever any food, milk or a dummy comes anywhere near her. She's such a funny little bunny.
* also flapping her arms like a little bird whenever she's excited.
* constantly blowing raspberries.
* squealing all the time. So cute to hear her experiment with her voice.


Everyone says this, but I love this baby more than I could have imagined. 




No comments:

Post a Comment